We are very excited about your upcoming visit at the Advanced Endoscopy Center. Rest assured that our well-trained staff is here and ready to make your visit as convenient and comfortable as possible. In an effort to help prepare you, here is some basic information for your upcoming visit:
Before Your Procedure
- Prior to your visit, a pre-procedure phone call will be made to you by one of our nurses. They will be able to provide specific instructions regarding your procedure and a brief health questionnaire will be taken over the phone. Nurses are available Monday-Friday from 1:00 until 4:00 pm to answer any questions that you may have
- Prep Instructions, including information regarding any prescribed medications that you may be taking, should have been given to you by the physician’s office. Please contact your physician’s office directly at 314-997-0554 should you have any further questions regarding your medications or if you did not receive the prep instructions
- If you need directions to our facility please do not hesitate to call us and someone can assist you.
Arriving at the Center
- Please arrive on time for your procedure.
- The receptionist will ask for your insurance card, photo ID and a list of any medications that you may be taking. The receptionist will work with you to make sure that all of the information in our records is accurate
- Any patient responsibility payments are due at check in
- Please wear comfortable clothing as you will be changing into a medical gown for your stay
- Your nurse will review your medical information, check your vital signs, and explain to you what will happen during your procedure
- You will meet with your anesthesiologist and physician. They will be able to address any additional questions or concerns that you may have
- You will remain in the recovery room until you are fully awake.
- Your blood pressure, pulse, and breathing will be checked frequently.
- You will be allowed to sit up and visit with your family or friends until you are prepared to leave the Center.
- When you are discharged, specific instructions will be sent home with you. It is important to follow these instructions.
- During the next day after your procedure a center nurse will call you to check on your progress.
- Please remove all body piercings
- Soft contact lenses (if you can sleep in them) are acceptable to wear
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing
- Please do not wear perfume or cologne
- Leave all valuables and jewelry at home (wedding bands may be left on)
- Please make sure to bring your medical insurance card, driver’s license or picture ID and list of medications to the center on the day of your procedure
- A family member or friend/caretaker is required to drive you to and from the center. You will not be allowed to take a taxi cab home. We strongly recommend that your driver stay throughout the entire time you will be here. You will be here approximately 2 hours. YOU MAY NOT DRIVE AFTER THE PROCEDURE
Payment & Financial Information
You may receive a courtesy call from our office to clarify any questions you have regarding your insurance benefits, deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance.
Payment of co-pays, co-insurance or deductibles will be required when you check in on the day of your procedure. Payments may also be made in advance if it is more convenient for you
A separate bill will be sent from the Advanced Endoscopy Center for the facility charges related to your procedure. PLEASE NOTE: Your physician, anesthesia and the laboratory will bill separately for their services
Please contact your insurance company should you have any questions regarding your coverage
The Center participates in most of the area’s insurance programs, including Medicare, Medicaid and most HMO and PPO’s. Patients who do not have full insurance coverage should make financial arrangements with our center prior to the date of the procedure. We accept Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
If you need to make additional financial arrangements or have any questions at all please contact us and ask for our billing department
We truly hope that your time with us is as pleasant and convenient as possible. Please contact us with any questions at (314) 400-9999