Seven days before the procedure
- Talk to your doctor if you are taking Coumadin, insulin or diabetic pills.
- If you are having the procedure performed because of difficulty swallowing, Do not take aspirin and aspirin-containing products for 7 days. Tylenol is OK.
One day before the procedure
- Pre-register by telephone.
- Eat normally up until midnight.
- You may drink clear liquids up until 4 hours prior to your arrival time. This includes black coffee (sugar is 0K), tea, and apple, grape, or cranberry juice).
- You cannot drink milk or orange juice.
- Do not drink any liquids including water 4 hours before the test.
Day of the procedure
- Arrive at the Hospital at _______ on _________________.
- If you have not pre-registered, then you have to stop at the outpatient desk 1/2 hour earlier than the normal arrival time.
- You may not drive for the entire day. You may be dropped off and picked up by a responsible adult. The procedure will start approximately 1/2 to 1 hour later. The recovery time in the hospital is approximately 1 hour.